Monday 8 December 2008

Stimulating new terminology

With the Government’s one off payments to low income earners hitting bank accounts this week, spending up big is the new black (and hopefully not the new red). The global financial crisis has given rise to a whole new bank of terminology we can incorporate into our every day lives to make everything we do sound better.

I’m no longer going shopping:

I’m implementing an economic stimulus package;

I’m investing in the retail sector;

I’m preventing an economic downturn.


Other new terms include:

As a result of declining interest rates I will be reallocating funds to the mining sector.

I’m redrawing on my mortgage to buy some diamond earrings.


In view of environmental concerns I’m implementing a fundamental shift in transport spending to focus on low emission alternatives.

The BMW’s been repossessed so I’m buying a bike.


In these tough times I think it’s important to still do something for those in need overseas.

I’m spending my bonus on designer clothes made in China.


The advice I’m receiving from the finance sector is that now is the time to reinvest in the market.

I’ve got a tip for a surefire winner at Rosehill. 


I’m delivering a much needed boost to the hospitality industry.

I’m going out for coffee.


I’m packaging my hospitality stimulus program with some assistance for the farming sector.

I’ll have a slice of cake with that coffee, thank you.


My hospitality stimulus package didn’t work, further measures are required.

I’m going out for a beer.


It’s a tough climate and if a temporary deficit is required, then so be it.

I’m opening a tab on the bar with my credit card.


These stimulus measures are having the desired impact.

The vodka shots have kicked it now.


Any job’s a good job in this economic climate.

I’ve just been sick, can someone clear it up?

No comments: