Monday 14 September 2009

The Weekend in Review

Everyone in publishing in Australia knows how hard it is to garner any sort of review or publicity for children's fiction - especially if doesn't involve wizards or emo vampires. So you can only imagine how surprised and thrilled I was to get a phone call on Saturday morning to say there was a great review in the Daily Telegraph. It made my weekend.

When the call came on Sunday from another friend I simply thought that they too had seen the Saturday Telegraph, but no - there was another review in the Sun Herald. You could not ask for a better Sydney spread than to be in these two papers over one week.

A huge thank you must go to Emmeline, the publicist at Harper Collins who has somehow pulled off this impressive coup.

All I need now is to be banned from a primary school library and I'm set!

1 comment:

Marie-Laure said...

Fantastic! Well done!
Great to get pictures of the cover too.