Wednesday 8 April 2009

The final cover

In flurry of last minute activity, the cover has been finalised, the shoutline written, researched and approved, thank yous & dedications rushed through and packs for the book reps put together. Don't let anyone tell you that the book industry can't move fast when it wants to. So far so good with Harper Collins running ABC books. I get the sense that there's more people involved and active and I think there will be a more direct relationship with the reps. There will be for me as I've engineering meeting one Sydney rep for lunch next week. I plan to bribe shamelessly with alcohol.

Here's the final version of the cover. I like it, but when it's finalised I get nervous. It's easy to absolutely love the first versions because you know there's time and space for improvement, but when the invigilator calls 'pens down' that's it. GULP.

No comments: