Monday 17 August 2009

In good company

A friend tipped me off that The Trouble with Sauce was featured in a window display in Better Read than Dead, the excellent independent bookshop in Newtown. I trundled down on the weekend and was delighted to see the book was front and centre of a display protesting Parallel Importing, quoting the Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd’s ocker line, Fair Shake of the Sauce Bottle asking him to give Australian authors a fair go. For once it seems timing is on my side to release a ‘sauce-themed’ book! It’s relief to see your book on the shelves in a bookshop - it’s a delight to see it in a window - especially when your publisher didn’t pay for it and every other book in the window is certified best-seller. I’ve never been in such great company. So when I said in an early post everyone should run to the shops for the book, I now amend that to run to Better Read than Dead in Newtown!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey bruno, u gonna post something about st.brendans yet? it's dennis. remember? post it quick, i'm in love with your blog. nah, i'm just kidding. haha

Bruno Bouchet said...

Dennis - I twittered about getting the best question yet - 'why did I look like Arnie Schwarzeneggar on my leaflet.
Bruno